The 10 Best Face Masks
Struggling with dullness, dryness, irritation or stressed skin? You’ve come to the right place as this top 10 face mask round up will answer all of your skincare woes in face mask form and recommend a pot, tube or jar for congested skin, radiance, blemishes, dehydration or sensitivity.
Face masks have been and always will be one of my most loved skincare products. Not only do they feel like a complete luxury and create a real at home pamper feel (especially when worn on a Sunday evening in-front of Netflix with a mug of tea) but no matter how tired, dull, dehydrated or irritated your skin is feeling, there’s a mask out there that will help bring your skin back to normal and today I’m rounding up my top 10 face masks of all time that help solve all of my skin problems.
Oskia Renaissance Mask*: If your skin is looking dull and lacklustre then using a mask that is packed full of natural fruit enzymes, lactic acid and Probiotics such as this luxurious balm, pink mask from Oskia is your best option. The papaya and passion fruit enzymes will loosen the bonds between dead skin cells to gently exfoliate, revealing a brighter and more radiant layer of skin beneath whilst the lactic acid stimulates cell regeneration to keep skin looking smoother and softer and Prebiotics fight off bad bacteria that can dull our complexion. The result? A clear and fresh looking complexion with a beautiful glow.
2. Zelens Instant Renewal Transformer Mask*: Filled to the brim with Zelens’ high tech, powerful active blends this pearlescent mask instantly restores skins glow and hydration levels. Vitamin C and marine glycogen have been used to increase skin cell oxygen consumption, magnesium and brown sea algae to boost cellular activity, enzymes to encourage skin to naturally shed dead skin cells and lastly Multi-functional Lactobionic Acid’ to enhance cell turnover. It sounds super sciency but essentially, it’s a list of incredible ingredients that actually work at giving skin that enviable youthful glow and to top off the tech, Zelens have added Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration levels and increase moisture retention.
3. Pai Deep Cleanse AHA Mask*: Clogged pores and congested skin is one of the biggest contributors to a dull looking complexion so fixing the problem straight away is key to maintaining luminous skin that lasts. For sufferers of sensitive skin, this Copaiba mask from Pai is your perfect pairing as it’s been formulated with gentle fruit acids to dissolve the ‘glue’ that holds those pesky dead skin cells together and in turn once removed, a radiant complexion is revealed. The organic Copaiba helps to heal and keep blemish prone skin under control whilst Kaolin clay (a non stripping and drying ingredient) has been used to re-balance the skin through drawing out any dirt and impurities.
4. Gallinée Face Mask and Scrub*: A multi-tasking mask treat that doubles up as an effective scrub, this is one of my all time favourites due to it’s multi-purpose functions and amazing innovative biotic complex which contains probtioics, prebiotics and lactic acid. These immense ingredients help to nourish and protect our skins micro-biome to maintain a pH balanced, happy complexion that is blemish free, radiant, cared for and revitalised.
5. Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Mask*: Another radiance booster, glow getter and hydrating hero in the mask department but this time from Hungarian skincare brand Omorovicza that spend years and years formulating their products to ensure us consumers receive the very best. This incredible gel-textured, brightening mask simply melts into the skin offering a lovely cooling affect upon application before working it’s magic at gently exfoliating, balancing and hydrating complexions. Star ingredient BHA Salicylic Acid has been used to exfoliate the skins surface, diminish the appearance of dark spots and reduce/prevent blemishes whilst sodium hyaluronate locks in moisture for long lasting hydration and copper gluconate regulates skins sebum production to ensure a clear, supple and even complexion is maintained.
6. Omorovicza Ultra Moormud Mask*: Unlike your traditional mud mask, it’s suitable for all skin types and clarifies the skin in the gentlest of ways to ensure skin isn’t damaged, tightened, stripped or dried out in the process. This is a super quick, 15 minute skin treat that has been formulated with the finest of ingredients to deliver your skin the best results. The Hungarian mood-mud combines hectorite clay which maintains traces of antioxidants and lipids and helps eliminate any toxins on the skin whilst sloughing away at re-energising inactive and slow skin cells. Amino acids contribute to the exfoliation process as they remove dead skin cells to reveal a smoother, less irritated complexion. Whether you’re applying this all over or on targeted areas, skin is instantly relieved of any discomfort.
7. Kiehl’s Ginger Leaf and Hibiscus Firming Mask*: A pot of pure pink, velvet luxury that firms, smoothes and revitalises the skin overnight to reveal a softened and more youthful glow come morning. The Hibiscus flower and Thai Ginger Leaf offer immense hydrating properties that all help boost that luminous look and youth glow by the time you wake up in the morning to rinse it all off.
8. Kiehl’s Cranberry Seed and Turmeric Mask: This is one of the very few face masks that once removed, I immediately notice a massive difference on my skin. Think of it as a “facial in a pot” just a thick orange paste filled with actual cranberry seeds that very carefully exfoliate to brighten whilst the invigorating turmeric works at revitalising and energising the skin. Perfect for early morning application to give you a 10 minute beauty boost or pre-party, event, occasion to ensure your skin looks in tip top condition.
9. Neals Yard Rose Antioxidant Facial Mask*: Sometimes all skin needs is a big hit of hydration to get it back to normal and using a face mask that contains nourishing and soothing ingredients such as Rose, Geranium and Aloe Vera is going to help bring skin back to maximum comfort and hydration in no time. In addition to hydrating properties, this Antioxidant mask is going to help skin further from the exfoliating maple and purifying pink clay that reveal radiant, toned skin.
10. Neals Yard White Tea Enriching Mask*: A weekly detox can be the best way to give skin a really good deep clean and Neal’s Yards intensive White Tea weekly treatment plumps, reduces the appearance of fine lines, restores skins natural moisture levels and gently detoxifies without stripping or drying out the skin. The key ingredient here is White Tea for it’s enriching and antioxidant properties but Primrose, Patchouli and Rose have been used to provide further healing and a heavenly scent.
I’d love to hear what your favourite face masks are in the comments below!